A 6-8 week workshop of original scenes by diverse writers, cast with up-and-coming actors and guided by directors of diverse backgrounds presented in a one-day live theatrical showcase for executives, producers, casting directors, and other industry professionals.
Stage One: Script Selection (Writers)
We will put out an open call for scripts to be performed live in front of an audience. We will accept two types of scripts: comedy scenes and dramatic monologues.
COMEDY SCENE REQUIREMENTS:
- There should be no more than two actors in the scene (and no less).
- The scene should be five minutes long (4-6 pages, standard script format).
- The piece should be stand-alone; it shouldn’t feel like an excerpt from a longer piece, and should have a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- Given that these scenes are meant to be performed on a stage in front of a live audience, special effects should be kept to a minimum.
DRAMATIC MONOLOGUE REQUIREMENTS:
- As it is a monologue, it should be written for ONE actor.
- The monologue should be 1-2 minutes long.
- The piece should be able to stand alone.
We will accept only one submission per applicant.
Once the window has closed, the reading process will begin. If the Scene Showcase decides to move forward with your script, you will be notified by early Feburary 2015.